Friday 23 September 2011

MY BOY'S GONE BACK TO UNI :(
















I’m not too keen on silence
It’s not a sound I like
But that’s the sound I hear now
My son’s gone to uni and taken his bike.
I’ve just been in his room
There’s no laptop or guitar
And although he’s gone to Salford
And it’s really not that far
I’ll leave his bedroom door open
Not a lot, just a little ajar.
I won’t put everything away
‘Cos I know that he’ll be back
So I think I’ll leave it a couple more days
Before I start to pack.
I know I should not feel so sad
My son is twenty four
And he only came for the summer
He’d already left home before.
I love my son you see
I think he’s a really good bloke
His feet are firmly on the ground
And I think he sees the joke.
The thing that we both share
And what I think he’s learned from me
Is no matter what life throws at us
We laugh in the face of adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment